We are a community of educators, employers, and advocates working together to provide equitable experiences through integrated partnerships between students, teachers, and local businesses.
Meet Our Team
Every student should graduate with the tools to pursue their career goals and successfully navigate the rapidly evolving and increasingly complex economic landscape. We are activating a community to ensure that students are able to develop essential skills and understand their professional possibilities. The RWL Team supports districts, schools, and educators in creating opportunities for students to unlock their potential and empowers employers to improve career trajectories.
Educator In Residence
Communications & Engagement Program Leader
Educator in Residence
These companies have helped shape the RWL initiative, maximizing its impact on individuals, organizations, and our communities.
Network School Districts & Charters
The following districts are part of the Real World Learning network and receive financial support from the Kauffman Foundation to assist in implementing Market Value Assets.
- Belton School District #124
- Blue Springs R-IV School District
- Blue Valley School District
- Center School District #58
- Crossroads Preparatory Academy
- DeLaSalle Charter High School
- Fort Osage School District
- Grandview C-4 School District
- Guadalupe Centers Charter Schools
- Harrisonville Schools
- Hogan Preparatory Academy
- Independence School District
- Kansas City, Kansas Public Schools
- Kansas City Public Schools
- Kearney School District
- KIPP KC Legacy High School
- Lee’s Summit Public Schools
- Liberty Public Schools
- North Kansas City Public Schools
- Olathe Public Schools
- Park Hill School District
- Piper School District – USD 203
- Platte County School District
- Raymore-Peculiar School District
- Raytown School District
- Ruskin High School – Hickman Mills School District
- Shawnee Mission School District
- Smithville School District
- Springhill School District
- University Academy
- USD 232 – De Soto School District
CEO Champions Group
As part of the regional Real World Learning initiative our community partner, KC Rising, has recruited a small group of CEOs to help support and champion RWL efforts.
Employers play a central role in RWL by providing experiences that allow students to discover their passion and understand their professional trajectory. There are over 600 employers involved in this work.